I Want To Hear From You!
Let’s face it, comments are awesome – in fact, your comments are just as important (if not more important) than anything I write on this blog. They add to the knowledge and community that we have on this site.
The comments section of this blog is how I get to personally interact with you as my reader! This is where you get to share your opinion, give me your feedback about the posts, and tell me what you liked, didn’t like, remind me what I forgot, etc. This is how you become part of the community here. If you want to comment I highly encourage it – I don’t care who you are or where you are from – I want you to comment!
You don’t have to do this, but if you want to be one of the cool kids (let’s face it who doesn’t), head over to the Gravatar (globally recognized avatar) site and spice up your comments by displaying your picture (or a picture of your cat, it’s totally your call) in each comment you post.
That way you won’t get a random grey guy or a blue square with a white circle as your comment avatar and your comments will then all be recognized by thousands of websites, blogs, and forums worldwide.
Ok now that we got that out of the way…here is the important stuff.
PerfectBodyRX isn’t like all of the other blogs out there. I talk about grown up stuff, and we discuss real life situations. There is no sugar coating or smoking mirrors here. So let’s act like grown ups and remain civilized, at least while you’re visiting this blog. You can act like an idiot when you get back to your own site.
Here are the house rules:
1. You must use a proper or legitimate sounding name and/or URL. So unless your real name is ‘SquatGirl69′ or ‘Fitness Guy’ don’t enter that into the name field because you’ll look like a spammer or bot (which is lame).
2. Well thought out, intelligent comments are encouraged here so if you write a comment that says ‘great post’ or ‘great blog’ or ‘nice’ or something else that’s lame or not very well thought out your comment will definitely be deleted. (these sort of comments are worthless and lame)
3. Comments using keywords, spam, or suspicious looking information will be edited or deleted. I hate spammers so don’t make me have to hate you.
4. I believe that a comment is a conversation. So if your comment does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation, I will probably just delete it.
5. Don’t be a jerk and blatantly disrespect, or slam other user’s comments. So please respect other people’s opinions and keep all offensive statements to a minimum (minimum meaning none). This isn’t a meathead forum, have some manners, or I’ll smack you.
6. Censorship can be lame sometimes so I won’t totally censor you, but try to use mild discretion with your language. I won’t say you have to avoid all profanity, but the only person who is allowed to say “fuck”, “shit”, “asshole” or any other such term more than once per post is me. (don’t hate)
7. This a PG-13 site—the good kind, where sometimes you may see side-boob (which is cool) but never full frontal nudity (so uncool). And I am telling you this in advance, so don’t post comments complaining about the pictures, videos, etc on this site being offensive. If you think that this sort of content (the PG-13 side boob kind) is inappropriate, you probably aren’t cool enough to be on this blog anyway.
8. If you like a post, feel free to click the Facebook Like button, share it on Twitter with your followers, or email the link to your friends. There are links below each post which make sharing super easy so feel free to use them! I can’t save the world by myself, I need and want your help sharing this site! Together, we can do some amazing things and by sharing this site with others we can help hundreds if not thousands of people get healthier, stronger, and more awesome. Just like you and I.
9. I encourage you to post relevant links in your comments. So if you want to leave a comment and point a link to your own or someone else’s post that is relevant to the topic feel free to do so. This adds to the conversation and improves the blog.
10. I randomly select one commenter every month to receive a cool bonus gift from me. So the more you comment the bigger chance I will see who you are and respect what you have to say. Ok I lied, it’s not random, I usually just give it to the user I think was the coolest that month (yes commenting frequently has it’s advantages).
I just want you to know that I appreciate all of my readers and thank you in advance for adding to the discussion. I hope that the house rules above will help you add value to PerfectBodyRX and enjoy your stay while you’re on the site.
Well, that’s about it. I’m not too big on rules, they remind me too much of the 4th grade. But let’s do our best to follow the simple guidelines posted above. When I say ‘our” I mean everyone except me; this is my blog and I’ll do whatever the fuck I want
Enjoy the discussion!