The Top 5 Posts of 2011 (so far)
When I started this blog in February of 2010 I was a blogging ‘nobody’, but I had a simple goal in mind – and that was to give people interesting stuff to read about health/nutrition/fitness/motivation/life that was rich, relevant, informative, uncensored, free of BS, and sometimes even funny.
Now, regardless of whether I think my posts are great or not is irrelevant…the only person whose opinion really matters is yours. So with that being said – the only REAL way I can determine if this blog is accomplishing its goals (listed above) is by the amount of likes, retweets, shares, and comments I get. If readers are going to go out of their way to share your stuff or even discuss it…well…that says something I think.
Anyways, I’m still nowhere close to being an ‘internet sensation’…but several of the posts I’ve written this year have generated thousands of views, hundreds of shares and likes on Facebook, and quite a few retweets on Twitter. You guys seem to like some of the stuff I’ve written lately, which I think is pretty cool, and I really appreciate your readership.
So in case you missed them here’s a quick list of the Top 5 most popular posts of the year on this site (in 2011 so far). I ranked them based on the amount of traffic, Facebook likes/shares, Retweets, & Comments they have received year to date.
1. The Pussification Of America – One of my classic rants that became popular.
2. Factory Farming – A New Disease Model – One of the most controversial articles I’ve ever written.
3. GOYA: The New Breakthrough Physique Enhancement Drug – A funny Pubmed spoof that rapidly climbed the charts and became one of the most popular articles on the entire site in just 3 days.
4. Fitness Modeling 101 – How To Prepare For A Photoshoot – Here is what I did step-by-step in the week leading up to my shoot with Powertec.
5. The Best Ab Exercises For Building Rockhard Six Pack Abs – The title says it all.
6. 99 Ways To Improve Your Life, Live Large, & Be F*ckin Awesome – Simple tips that will help enrich your life.
7. Nutrition Strategies To Help You Get Sexy-ier – Part 1 – Some of the best nutrition tips you’ll find anywhere.
8. The Navy Seal Workout – If you think you’re a badass, try this workout.
9. No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar Recipe – A very popular recipe from regular guest blogger slash healthy chef, Kristine Fretwell.
10. The Be Harder To Kill Manifesto – All complainers, softies, crybabies, and everyone else who couldn’t wrap their minds around article #1 listed above should definitely read this one.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to click the ‘LIKE’ button below or leave a comment on as many of these articles as you want. I personally read and reply to every comment you post and always love hearing your comments and opinions.
Let me know what your favorite post was and I’ll continue to try my best to bring you more of what you want in future posts. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.